International Festival Chorus Beijing invites you to become an "IFC Friend"
The International Festival Chorus and its sister orchestra, the Peking Sinfonietta, under the direction of Nicholas Smith enrich our lives immeasurably. They give us the opportunity to hear, live, some of the greatest works in the world, performed with a professionalism that belies the voluntary status of the singers. We are indeed very lucky to have them in our community both here in Beijing and also in Shanghai.
Now in its 10th year, the IFC has developed on its merits. Attracting some of the great names in the musical world as guest soloists and conductors, it performs 3 major choral works a year as well as numerous smaller performances. The IFC is celebrated as one of the leading choirs in Asia. Both the children’s and youth choirs are well established providing unique and educational opportunities for young people in Beijing. Joint programmes with the China Conservatory and several schools, including the Hong Dan Dan School for the blind; carol singing and The Madrigals at which the proceeds go to local charities; as well as access to rehearsals for under privileged children from the countryside, indicate a commitment to community from which we all benefit.
In order to continue to develop, this excellence requires funding. We are offering the opportunity to become a Friend and Sponsor.
Annual Levels of Support
Yellow – 500 RMB
Red – 1,000 RMB
Green – 5,000 RMB
Blue – 10,000 RMB
Platinum – over 10,000 RMB
How you will benefit:
• From the knowledge that you are helping to further enrich and extend the cultural opportunities in Beijing and helping to develop community spirit
• By receiving priority booking for tickets in the mid-range pricing
• From the opportunity to attend dress rehearsals
• By having your name printed in the major concert’s programmes for the year (anonymity assured if preferred)
What you could do:
• Help to spread the word about the prestigious and exciting performances
• Become a Friend and Sponsor of the IFC by contacting any of the Friend’s Committee:
Sue Kay Joke Van Kuijk-Sweering Freda Murck
Future plans: Once we have enough Friends, pre-concert and interval drinks can be made available Other ideas to ice the cake of an Evening with the IFC are under consideration We look forward to seeing you at our 2011 concerts!